• Cool Radio


    In 1997 Marc Berthier designed the iconic Lexon Rubber Radio.

    It made all the top design lists, which is where I saw it and promptly purchased it.

    The other day my 8-year-old noticed it on the shelf and asked me if I would show it to her.

    ‘Wow,’ she said, 'this is so cool!’

    Of course, being 8 years old, she had never seen a transistor radio. So I turned it on, and out came music. Her eyes lit up. ‘Oh my gosh, you mean it plays music too?!’

    On Sunday you and I will hear a Bible story that’s similar.

    We’ll be reminded that everything we have - all of our most beloved possessions, our amazing vacations, every one of our loving connections - they’re not simply beautifully satisfying in and of themselves - but they point to a greater reality, value, and purpose - to God.

    Like my radio, ya, it’s cool to look at - but it was actually intended for more.


    How might we do better at making those daily connections between our blessings and the One that blesses - knowing the contemplation of the beauty and blessings that surround not only add to our worship - but bring peace to the soul? 
  • Total Pageviews

    Search This Blog

    Blog Archive

    Powered by Blogger.
    ADDRESS

    St. David's Episcopal Church, 16200 W. Twelve Mile Road, Southfield, MI 48076 USA

    EMAIL

    chris@stdavidssf.org

    TELEPHONE

    +011 248-557-5430