• Smile!





    At a coffee shop I go to there’s a man who sits near the door who’s always smiling.

    He’s not a weirdo, just conscious of people who enter the shop, and to many of them, he offers a warm smile.

    One day I asked him why.

    “Well, I figure there are many people who come into this place with a lot going on in their lives, and I’m not rich or even that smart, but I figure if I smile at ‘em, just one person might have a better day.”

    He’s right.

    Mother Teresa famously said, "Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.”

    In Sunday’s gospel you and I will hear two of Jesus’ miracles, he heals a woman’s wound and raises a child from the dead. These are vivid examples of how Jesus used the resources he had to touch the people he loved.

    You and I have resources we can use that way too.

    When we smile at others it makes them feel accepted, welcome, special, and appreciated

    I remember someone telling me to smile when you’re on the phone - because people can actually hear the difference - it’s true - and it can make them smile too.

    You and I have the motivation to smile because we’ve got God in our lives - go ahead - pause for 30 seconds and look at your gratitude list -

    We’ve also got this wonderful resource that’s free, easy to use, and has the potential to really impact someone’s life - so go ahead - allow the feelings in your heart to go just a little bit north - and smile. 
  • Total Pageviews

    Search This Blog

    Blog Archive

    Powered by Blogger.
    ADDRESS

    St. David's Episcopal Church, 16200 W. Twelve Mile Road, Southfield, MI 48076 USA

    EMAIL

    chris@stdavidssf.org

    TELEPHONE

    +011 248-557-5430