• Yes, God Will Provide


    During my first year of seminary I visited just about every church in Southern California.

    I was looking for the path God had chosen. Thankfully I found the Episcopal Church, and a parish that welcomed me and my gifts. And within a few days God made it clear that this was home, this was where I was supposed to be. I had taken the risk of leaving my career, moving to a new city, and now God had provided. It was an epiphany.

    The church season of Epiphany, which also marks the end of Christmas, is January 6, and is celebrated on the following Sunday.

    This 7-week period is our time to remember what God has done in our lives. It’s to give us faith for today, to remind us that the world IS in God’s hands, that everything DOES have a purpose, that our work for justice and equity IS NOT in vain, and that we NEED NOT worry.

    We recall that God delivered the Israelites from slavery and said, ‘See, now remember what I can do.’ God sent Jesus to accomplish great good in the world and said, ‘See, now remember what I can do.’ God sent the disciples to establish hospitals, pass fair laws, and help people live for others and said, ‘See, now remember what I can do.’

    Each of us has at least one Epiphany moment – one instance when we felt God’s presence or provision – and God is telling each of us, ‘See, now remember what I can do.’ Can you recall an epiphany moment?

    No matter what trial, challenge, or contest, Jesus wants us to hearken back to those stories of provision. He wants to tell us anew, ‘See, now remember what I can do – and never forget I can (and will) do it again.’
    -->
  • Total Pageviews

    Search This Blog

    Blog Archive

    Powered by Blogger.
    ADDRESS

    St. David's Episcopal Church, 16200 W. Twelve Mile Road, Southfield, MI 48076 USA

    EMAIL

    chris@stdavidssf.org

    TELEPHONE

    +011 248-557-5430