• The Top Ten Things You're Likely to Hear in a Sermon from Presiding Bishop Michael Curry


    The Top Ten Things You are Likely to Hear in a Michael Curry Sermon (assembled by our Standing Committee and presented at a reception the Diocese of North Carolina held for the new PB in D.C. the night before the installation.):
    10: “This morning I lift my text from…
    EVERYONE: Anywhere but today’s propers!”
    9: “Now bear with me, I’m going somewhere with this!”
    8: “God didn’t put you on this earth just to use up oxygen!”
    7: “I’m not going to be up here long”
    6: “If you’re breathing, God’s calling”
    5: “We have a God! And that God raised Jesus from the dead.”
    EVERYONE: “I don’t know how he did it, but he did!”
    4: “When Israel was in Egypt land,”
    Everyone (singing): LET MY PEOPLE GO!
    3: “One more thing and then I’m going to sit down.”
    2: “There is a balm in Gilead…”
    And the Number one thing you are likely to hear in a Michael Curry sermon:
    GO!!
  • Total Pageviews

    Search This Blog

    Blog Archive

    Powered by Blogger.
    ADDRESS

    St. David's Episcopal Church, 16200 W. Twelve Mile Road, Southfield, MI 48076 USA

    EMAIL

    chris@stdavidssf.org

    TELEPHONE

    +011 248-557-5430